Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day is NOT a Bogus Holiday

I heard on several occasions yesterday that Valentine's Day is a bogus holiday.  I have to say I completely disagree.  You can read the history of Valentine's Day here.  All in all this day is about spending it with the people you love.  Married couples have anniversaries.  Individuals have birthdays.  What is so wrong with recognizing a day to show your love and appreciation with the people/person you love?  It really isn't about the gifts, just a lil something or gesture to show you care (Yes, you can do this w/o spending a lot of money and yes, you should do this throughout the year) I am so blessed because I have 3 people and 3 dogs to share my life with and they are amazing!  
This is how we spent our Valentine's Day evening/weekend:

Bubblecakes

I cooked the girls BBQ chicken legs, french style green beans, mac & cheese, and fried potatoes (they asked for non-healthy since I have been on a healthier eating lifestyle) and I brought home a dozen Bubblecakes for Tom and the girls...Yummy!  Thomas came in with arms full.  He brought me my favorite sushi from my favorite restaurant, Cafe Asia.  Golden Dragon Roll, Honey Maki, and Spicy California Roll.  It was OH SO GOOD!  He also got each of us girls a big stuffed animal.  I got the Lion, Kayla got a Monkey, and Alyssa got the Monster (she had already fell in love with it at the store).  That was just too sweet of him :)  I also received a dozen red and white roses, card, colored daisys, and a new frying pan.  (Okay, I wasn't exactly excited about the frying pan but it is really nice and will last foreverI gave Thomas 2 cards (a funny card and a romantic card) and he spent Sunday Go-Cart racing :)  I give Thomas a hard time about diamonds and jewerly but I loved it all even the frying pan.  We could have laid on the couch eating pizza and watching Mythbusters and I would have been happy.  Thomas and my girls are amazing and I love them so much!

Bubblecakes and Roses
Thomas racing

My colorful flowers
A lil spoiled :)
Roses are my favorite flower

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day is NOT a Bogus Holiday

I heard on several occasions yesterday that Valentine's Day is a bogus holiday.  I have to say I completely disagree.  You can read the history of Valentine's Day here.  All in all this day is about spending it with the people you love.  Married couples have anniversaries.  Individuals have birthdays.  What is so wrong with recognizing a day to show your love and appreciation with the people/person you love?  It really isn't about the gifts, just a lil something or gesture to show you care (Yes, you can do this w/o spending a lot of money and yes, you should do this throughout the year) I am so blessed because I have 3 people and 3 dogs to share my life with and they are amazing!  
This is how we spent our Valentine's Day evening/weekend:

Bubblecakes

I cooked the girls BBQ chicken legs, french style green beans, mac & cheese, and fried potatoes (they asked for non-healthy since I have been on a healthier eating lifestyle) and I brought home a dozen Bubblecakes for Tom and the girls...Yummy!  Thomas came in with arms full.  He brought me my favorite sushi from my favorite restaurant, Cafe Asia.  Golden Dragon Roll, Honey Maki, and Spicy California Roll.  It was OH SO GOOD!  He also got each of us girls a big stuffed animal.  I got the Lion, Kayla got a Monkey, and Alyssa got the Monster (she had already fell in love with it at the store).  That was just too sweet of him :)  I also received a dozen red and white roses, card, colored daisys, and a new frying pan.  (Okay, I wasn't exactly excited about the frying pan but it is really nice and will last foreverI gave Thomas 2 cards (a funny card and a romantic card) and he spent Sunday Go-Cart racing :)  I give Thomas a hard time about diamonds and jewerly but I loved it all even the frying pan.  We could have laid on the couch eating pizza and watching Mythbusters and I would have been happy.  Thomas and my girls are amazing and I love them so much!

Bubblecakes and Roses
Thomas racing

My colorful flowers
A lil spoiled :)
Roses are my favorite flower

No comments:

Post a Comment